Maximum Verbosity Presents: Name That Tune!
OK, now that I've got my music in a suitable format, I can actually do this meme that was floating around a while back. You've seen this one, right? You hit "random shuffle" on your music list, take the first twenty songs, post your favorite line from each of them, and challenge people to name that tune.
Well, uh, I did that, drawing randomly from my entire music collection. And the results were... interesting. I had to skip a large number of spoken-word and instrumental tracks, and one song for which the name of the tune was the only lyric. And a lot of the songs I ended up with were rather obscure. Some of them I didn't even recognize, let alone remember owning.
Anyway, I'll be deeply impressed if anybody gets even a fraction of these. (Well, without googling them, of 'course, 'cause that's cheating, and nobody likes a cheater!)
Here ya go. Good luck!
1. "Some say he was a prisoner who never was set free"
2. "This doesn't have to be the big get even"
3. "Now he's drinking down his Christmas blood-wine in the curse-ed halls of Stovokor"
4. "Roll us both down a mountain and I'm sure the fat man would win"
5. "Ah but a man never got a woman back, not by begging on his knees"
6. "Forget about the worries on your mind"
7. "I don't believe in destiny or the guiding hand of fate"
8. "And if the dead man won't depart, drive a stake into his heart"
9. "Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes"
10. "It will surely light up--darkened worlds"
11. "Heat the pins and stab them in"
12. "Crossed lines I shouldn't have crossed"
13. "It was 1910 and they never had a friend"
14. "Not that we're complaining, since the fresh fruit all comes free"
15. "Slipping in and sliding out of conscious feeling"
16. "This machine will will not communicate these thoughts"
17. "You need elephant balls"
18. "With every wish there comes a curse"
19. "If you believe in the power of magic, I can change your mind"
20. "Heap big woman you gonna make a big man out of me"
Uh-huh. Yeah. I feel like I should be mildly embarrassed or something now...