Going Places with the Friday Five
1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? Vancouver, thence to Alaska on the cruise, and back to Vancouver.
2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling? I don't know that anything bizarre has ever happened to me. The first incident that leaps to mind involves a sudden, explosive case of diarrhea while touring a cathedral with no bathroom, but I don't particularly want to talk about that, and in any case, it was more embarrassing than bizarre.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? England. I've wanted to visit England since I was a teenager getting hooked on British shows on PBS.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car? They all suck. I like going places, but getting there is not half the fun, mainly because I hate sitting in one place for long periods of time. I suppose I might say car, if I'm not the one who's driving and if the car isn't too cramped. Then again, planes, while less comfortable, at least get you there faster, and I usually do fly when given the option. I haven't had much experience with trains.
5. What's the next place on your list to visit? I might be going out to California to spend Thanksgiving with my mother, but I'm not sure about that yet. My sister has expressed a strong desire for me to come up to Oregon and visit her again, so that might be next on the list, otherwise. Assuming it counts when you're mostly going to visit people rather than places, that is.